So many people are looking for my old grilled cheese posts from version 1 of this blog, I’ve decided to re-post a few. This one is a cheddar bacon pepper jack grilled cheese made by my special lady friend back in April of 2011.
- Two slices of bread
- Unsalted butter
- Two slices medium cheddar cheese
- Two or three slices pepper jack cheese
- Take one buttered slice of bread and lay in pre-heated pan
- Place cheddar, then bacon, then pepper jack on top of bread
- Top off with other slice of buttered bread
- Cook on medium heat until each side is golden brown
Slow cooking is important on a sandwich such as this one. It’s important to melt the cheese all the way through without burning the bread. It will take longer before your sandwich is done, but it’s definitely worth the wait. Have I mentioned I like ketchup with my grilled cheese yet?