After my 3rd PCP visit and kenalog shot, I got a call in to my pulmonologist’s office about an acute visit. Unfortunately my rock-star lung doc is on some much needed vacation and fortunately I was able to see one of the NPs this morning. They aren’t sure exactly what’s going on, but I’m at least being taken seriously. After I finish the ER Z-pack, I’m starting 10 days of Levaquin, and my prednisone taper is being extended and lowered by smaller increments. Next week they’re going to monitor my oxygen saturation at night to make sure the CPAP is working properly. I think I have enough prednisone now to start my own pharmacy. I’m just hoping I can continue to get at least a tiny amount of sleep.
On my outing today:
- Had to stand in line for check-in at lung doc while the receptionist gossiped on the phone and kept another old woman with oxygen tank waiting
- Another old woman, with oxygen tank, cut in line while I was waiting to check in
- Some maniac in a Cadillac slammed into a Suburban while crossing 2 lanes coming within feet of my car and hitting another car in the hospital parking lot
- I got lots of stares at Taco Bell while getting some tacos for lunch
- I had to stand in line at CVS for about 20 min
- A woman cut in front of me to buy M&Ms cause they’re more important than my prednisone
- Some other dude tried to cut in front of me just because
- I thought I wasn’t going to be able to walk out of CVS without sitting down for five minutes
I’ve had a rough morning and I still hate The Eagles. Four puffs of maxair, a double abuterol nebulizer and an hour of sitting have helped a lot. I think it’s time to start a movie.