So I finally had enough of the only allergist in town not responding to my needs to control allergic reactions. A friend at work suggested another doctor who is about 90 min away, but promised he was good. I made an appointment and got in this past week. I was quite impressed.
- He used to work at Jewish National
- He knows who Dr Wenzel is and greatly respects her
- He wants to collaborate with my pulmonologists
- He wants to run a bunch of tests
- He wants to find out if there are other things I’m allergic to
- He wants me back on xolair
This is what I’ve been asking for the past 3 years to no avail. My allergies not in check means my breathing is not in check, but anytime I mention “breathing” to my old allergist she shuts down. It’s quite frustrating. The interesting part of the story is the old allergist and the new allergist are colleagues and personal friends. I’ve been asked to just say I’m getting a 2nd opinion to not cause a big issue right off the bat. We’ll see how this works out.